Fuse #8

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Animals That Deserve Their Own Picture Books - Mule Jumpers

One of these days I'll actually get around to collecting these animals and make my OWN damn book. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Okay, so today's animal comes straight from J.L. Bell of Oz and Ends fame. "I just read about such competitions in COUNTRY magazine. The quality not evident in the photos is that the mules don't run up to the hurdle, but jump over it from a standing start."


Now my knowledge of mules is only surpassed by my knowledge of blue-footed boobies. Which is to say, zippo. Fortunately, all information on mule jumping can be cleared up if you simply look here or here or here. I envision the book being about a mule who wins a competition of this sort, then spends the rest of the story explaining to the other animals what a "mule jump" is in the first place. An inspiring story of animal's attempt to prove that his sport even exists.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I express my admiration. Coon mule jumping, even. It sings.

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Say it soft and it's almost like praying.

And yup, Lizzy, I've a couple Amazon reviews. Today I became #89 in their Top 100 ranking! Whee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home