Fuse #8

Monday, September 11, 2006

Celebrate Agatha Christie Week (Sept. 10-16)

Oh, like you didn't already know. Yup. Time to celebrate the best damned mystery writer to ever put pen to paper. You may prefer your Holmes (I'm looking at YOU, Dan). You may think Nero Wolfe's the tops. You may even be one of those odd twisted souls with a penchant for Inspector Maigret *shudder*. But no one can deny that Christie was the lady who knew how to freakin' do whatever it took to fake the reader out.

Why post such info on a children's literature blog? Observe:

"Research shows that Christie's novels are often the first adult book that young readers attempt when making the move away from children's literature." - Mslexia

I am of the opinion that some Christie novels should be IN the children's room. Why not? I started young and these days I get kids reading the original Sherlock Holmes mysteries all the time. If a children's room can hold Doyle it can hold Christie. Now go out and fill them thar shelves!

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yeah. I did well with the Hercule Poirot books, but Marple kinda killed me.

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Yes, she definitely belongs there. See what you can do, Fuse!

I started with Agatha when Adrienne did. My daughter, nearly 11, wouldn't be able to handle the stress, though. She's not for the sensitive tween :)

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

I started on Christie's books young too! Loved Poirot and Marple both. Never made it through the entire lot, but there was a time when I was on a mission to do so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home