Fuse #8

Monday, September 18, 2006

Now I'll Creep Over Here and Steal Someone Else's News

In other blog-related news, Brooke of The Brookeshelf reports on her recent attendance at the ALSC conference held in Pittsburgh this week-end. For fun, try to guess who the following children's authors are:

I'm not naming names, but one author wouldn't carry her own luggage, refused to walk across a parking lot to the hosting librarian's car, and then asked prying questions about the host's personal life. Another author refuses to stay in hotels and requests expensive bed-and-breakfasts. Ai-yi-yi.

I think I know who the first one is. And no, I'm not telling.

She also has a link to American Girls Dolls Write Letters To President Bush. I was, however, a little distraught that the only dolls writing were Felicity, Samantha, Kit, Kaya, and Molly. What's Addy, chopped liver? Besides, I think she could have had some choice things to say about the New Orleans debacle.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Hey, library lady, it's Addy. (I too read that realty agency as "Survivor" Realty)

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Good call! I shall change forthwith.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Well, I definitely know some of the children's authors who don't fit the snooty descriptions. Those authors are in the majority (hurrah hurrah).

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I would say, by and large, the majority of children's authors do NOT fulfill that description. Once in a while, however, a person gets unlucky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home