Fuse #8

Thursday, October 26, 2006

And Trust Me, Smith/Scieszka Patter Is Hard To Replicate

Stripped Books is an irregularly published, non-fiction strip
covering book- and comics-related events in comics form.
As you can tell from the site, it hasn't been updated since April of this year. I consider this a particular shame since the events recorded on the site are great. I like how creator Gordon McAlpin will attempt to do one strip or another in the style of the artist featured. For example, for Jon and Lane Go To Barnes & Noble (Jon Scieszka & Lane Smith, to exact) Mr. McAlpin does a rough Lane Smith approximation. And the Marjane Satrapi speech is almost eerily good. Mr. McAlpin was last interviewed in June, so hopefully more posts will be forthcoming.

Thanks to KT Horning for the link.

5 Comments:

At 12:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this link. Thank you Fuse. Thank you KT Horning

Katherine

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

What a treat! And if Gordon checks these posts: More more more (please).

alan

 
At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome...McAlpin's from Chicago!

 
At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did enjoy that. But (grumpy, fun-killing grouse that it is) I'd have enjoyed it even more if the author had written a lot instead of alot. Sorry, but it's a real pet peeve!

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous - page 6, right? I just fixed that. Oops! I don't think I make that mistake anymore... that strip is a couple years old now.

I stumbled on this vanity surfing at IceRocket. Thanks for the kind words! Sorry, no more Stripped Books 'til next year at the earliest. I'm working on a short story adaptation for a literary magazine, as well as my weekly Multiplex strip, so my comics plate is pretty full. But I swear, I will do another Stripped Book... one day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home