Fuse #8

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Charlotte's Web: Point Counterpoint

I heard about that nationwide Charlotte's Web reading that was being in conjunction with the film. As such, I had no opinions on it one way or another. But then not every blogger is as laissez-faire on the topic. Behold 50 Books and its piece Books: Is Any Reading Good Reading? No one wants to shill for corporations but I have been inordinately pleased by how quickly my copies of Charlotte have been flying off the shelves. Not all movies have this effect either. Our books didn't disappear half as quickly for Lassie and Flicka. Remember those films? No? Well there you go.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

I haven't had Charlotte's Web on the shelf in weeks! But, I couldn't give away Hoot or How to Eat Friend Worms when those came out. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was pretty popular when that came out last Christmas, but nothing like this. Glad DC's not the only place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home