Fuse #8

Friday, December 15, 2006

Golden Compass Movie

Hello.
If there are any movie directors, producers, or muckety-mucks reading this blog, please note that the Golden Compass movie has just created a website. A, dare I say, magnificent website. A magnificent website that lets you play with a virtual alethiometer. If you put together the correct symbols, the site will let you see different pieces of conceptual art for the film. By the way, the "ask" button is right smack dab in the center of the alethiometer. I'd rather not mention how long it took me to figure that one out.

You could certainly spend hours going through the different combinations. Or you could just find one of the solutions here. Either way. It's all good.

Thanks to Kids Lit for the link.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that a bit of a spoiler that the web site tells you in the first paragraph that the daemon is a person's soul, living outside of the body? Didn't it take us much of the first book to figure that out, or am I just forgetting?

And I sort of didn't imagine the alethiometer clicking audibly as it answered the question.

Everyone's a critic.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who stared at that thing for a while trying to figure out where the "ask" button was! I read the directions twice trying to figure it out. Once you figure it out, it is pretty cool, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home