Notable Children's Books of 2006
According to the New York Times, that is.
Here's the list:
- THE END. A Series of Unfortunate Events: Book the Thirteenth. By Lemony Snicket. Illustrated by Brett Helquist. HarperCollins. $12.99.
- OWEN & MZEE: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship. By Isabella Hatkoff, Craig Hatkoff and Dr. Paula Kahumbu. Photographs by Peter Greste. Scholastic. $16.99.
- THE MIRACULOUS JOURNEY OF EDWARD TULANE. By Kate DiCamillo. Illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline. Candlewick. $18.99.
- GOOD BOY, FERGUS! Written and illustrated by David Shannon. Blue Sky/Scholastic. $15.99.
- RASH. By Pete Hautman. Simon & Schuster. $15.95.
- JOHN, PAUL, GEORGE & BEN. Written and illustrated by Lane Smith. Hyperion. $16.99.
- THE ASTONISHING LIFE OF OCTAVIAN NOTHING. Traitor to the Nation. Volume I: The Pox Party. By M. T. Anderson. Candlewick. $17.99.
Thanks to Big A little a for the link.