Fuse #8

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Animals That Should Have Their Own Picture Books - Part... Something Or Other

A rare frilled shark that everyone is calling "prehistoric" was caught live in Japan recently. Here it is...


GAH! Why is it that I find this animal more frightening than a great white? It must be that eye and Joker-like grin. When I lose my mind someday, THIS is the animal that will be haunting my dreams for nights on end. Maybe in a picture book he'd be less frightening...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:16 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Fortunately, Fuse, this frilled beauty is in many a non-fiction shark book. How do I know? We own at least 40 nonfiction children's titles on sharks :) As far as I know, however, the frilled shark has yet to garner her own, individual book.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Maybe in a fiction-y picture book it'd be less scary, but every time I've turned to non-fiction children's book hoping to be soothed, I always find a picture of that animal that makes me even more scared than I was before. The one that comes to mind is the possum -- in the back of my head, I know that they're not going to bite by legs off, but when the picture in the book has a picture of one with its mouth open all the way and teeth showing? Yikes!

 
At 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool shark.maybe its the Loch Ness Monter sightings.

 
At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

or the"sea monsters"that some claim to have seen.Its possible that they DO rarly surface.Just a thought :)

 
At 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a whacked out oven mitt. ~Julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home