Fuse #8

Friday, January 12, 2007

Chickens Are, As We Speak, Rescuing

Please keep me in your hearts and minds. As many of you read this, I shall be performing Chickens To the Rescue with seven wildly enthusiastic homeschoolers for all the children's librarians in the New York Public Library System. Our show shall proceed as follows:

Act One: Farmer loses watch down well. Chickens come to the rescue.
Act Two: Farmer's wife too tired to make dinner. Chickens come to the rescue.
Act Three: Farmer's daughter spills food. Chickens do not come to the rescue. Pigs come to the rescue.
Bows.

All to the gentle lilting refrain of "Yakkety Sax". Basically "The Benny Hill Show" theme, if you're unfamiliar with it.

We shall kill. I'll spill the beans on it later.

Oh. And I'm experimenting with Labels today. What do you think of them?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I'm enjoying your labels. Blog labels are new to me, but they appear to have great potential.

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Vivian Mahoney said...

This is priceless. Can't wait to read how the whole show turns out. Fun labels.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger MotherReader said...

You've actually given me a whole new hope with labels. I realize now that I've been looking at this label thing the wrong way, that is, seriously. I'm loving your label choices and I'm going with it too.

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I can't take credit. I got the idea from Neil Gaiman. And frankly, his labels are a lot better than mine.

 
At 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, Chickens Rule!...And, Bravo--job well done
(no reason to pick up the classifieds any time soon).

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Morwen said...

I love "This Will Either Be Great Or End My Career" as a label. XD My labels are dull ones like "books" and "news".

And I love homeschoolers. I was homeschooled, so I'm biased, but I still love them.

 
At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YouTube! YouTube! YouTube!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh, dear sweet Anonymous, your trust in my technical ability touches my heart. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it beforehand. If there are pictures (sweet silent pictures) then I will post those instead.

Irregardless, it went very well. Throwing a performance is all the easier when the stage directions for your child actors basically say, "Run around, flap your wings, squawk, and run off".

Thank you, Laura, for your support. And I think I do like the labels. They will stay for now.

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I was so geeky. When I switched over to the Beta, I spent a bit of time labeling all of my back posts. I knew I was the only one who would care, but the drive to organize was strong. I would be rueful that I wasn't sillier with the labelling except that would still be taking things too seriously. Aiee! Can't win.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home