Fuse #8

Friday, January 12, 2007

A Success!

A big thank you to every editor, librarian, author, Longstocking, and teacher that showed up for last night's Kidlit Drink Night. Fine company was had by all, and a couple new faces as well. I finally got to meet Sarah Beth Durst, a member of my Cybil Judging committee. Another new face was the first appearance of Lisa Greenwald, a Longstocking of distinguished repute and a person who now completes my life goal to meet all eight. On to the Blue Rose Girls! Score thus far: 2. I would mention all the lovely people that stopped by, but I would forget someone and that would be mean. Y'all know who you are. I appreciate it.

A special thank you is also going out to Heather Scott who gave me the very last "I Am Kiki Strike" t-shirt existing in the world today. The last one. Oh yeah, baby. I'm wearing it as I write this and it is, if I do say so myself, fantastic. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ms. Scott. I am now donning this for every ALA Conference I attend from here on in.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:21 AM , Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Kidlit Drinks Night was a blast, from the drinks to the pizza to the rice pudding! I had such a great time. Really looking forward to joining my 2k7 brethren at the next one!

So glad we got a chance to chat. Good luck in Seattle with the Newbery committee. Be sure to bring an extra pointy stick!

- Sarah

 
At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed this one. But gleefully looking forward to the next (right around the corner!)

Good luck in Seattle, Betsy!

Rebecca Stead
(another 2k7-type)

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Chris said...

So is hating you because you got the last Kiki Strike t shirt bad because it is coveting, or not loving your neighbor? Hmmm.

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a Kiki shirt? I am jealous beyond all reason. Is there any way you can take a picture and post it on your blog?

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Erg. Maybe. We recently switched to a new computer and I haven't tried downloading pics onto it yet. Maybe I'll do so before heading out to Seattle. I'll try.

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you posted a while ago about a drinks night during the SCBWI conference Feb. 9-10, but I can't find the reference. Have plans been made yet?

Laura

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home