Fuse #8

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Come On To My House, To My House, I'm-ah Gonna Give You Candy

Kidlit Drink Night is tonight. Forgot, did you? Well cancel your plans. Get a babysitter. Recant that vow never to step foot in Soho again. Join Cheryl and myself as we forget our '06 woes. I work until 5:30 or so, but the minute I'm free I'll be hopping a train southwards to join you yucksters for fine company and 2007 bets. Have you picked the 2008 Newbery winner yet? Better get hopping 'cause I'll be taking a poll. This will be my final hobblogging (I'm gonna make that phrase work if it takes all year) before I jet off to Seattle to help choose the Newbery. At the moment I've reached that delightful point where stress can't quite touch you because you've lost all sense of reality. Please aid me in my desire to pretend that everything's just ducky.

Sweet & Vicious - 6:00 p.m. - Spring St. between Elizabeth and the Bowery

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger alvinaling said...

I'll be there. But please don't ask me my pick for the Newbery, I have no idea.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

If I send a cardboard cutout of myself - will you buy him drinks?

have a blast!

alan

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Not only will I buy him a drink but I'll introduce him to all the other cardboard cutouts in the room. Greg K, Brook of the Brookeshelf, J.L. Bell, etc.

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Jenny Han said...

The Longstockings will be sending a delegate or two.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home