Fuse #8

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Kidlit Drink Night Info - UPDATED INFO

Okay. Right. So. Here's the deal.

What you knew already: There is to be a Kidlit Drink Night on February 9th in celebration of the arrival of a whole host of happy healthy Class of 2K7ers in town to say nothing of those attending the SCBWI conference.

That much we've established. But the place and time have taken a bit of a dizzying turn.

What you knew erroneously: We are NOT meeting at Sweet & Vicious. Scratch that bar's pleasant atmosphere from your mind. I like doing the same thing over and over as much as the next fella (particularly if that same thing includes delicious overpriced rice pudding). Just the same, we've been asked to move the location to midtown so as accommodate the various authors & editors who will be attending the SCBWI Cocktail Party the same night. You want to meet famous people, right? Well all right then.

What you know now: There is to be a Kidlit Drink Night on February 9th at 7:30 at Bar 9. Fuse 8 at Bar 9. It has a nice ring to it. Please do not let the fancy Flash animation scare you away. My sources assure me that it is a nice place with "great tater tots". I could have reserved a back room or some such silliness but I don't think that'll be necessary. Just drop on by at some point from 7:30 onwards and hang out to talk children's books. I will be wearing an "I Am Kiki Strike" t-shirt, since it appears to be the only kidlit piece of clothing I actually own. That is, unless Leila decides that she would like to lend me her I Kicked Barney Northrup tee.

Bar 9 is at 807 Ninth Avenue. Be there or be square my beauties.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Blogger Ruth McNally Barshaw said...

I'll be there and will bring my ELLIE McDOODLE book's ARC to show to the rest of the Class of 2k7.

I'm not the Newbery author (Cindy Lord?).
However my niece said I'm her favorite author. So I'm happy.
Ruth :)

 
At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait. And Bar Nine looks wonderful (my friend Wren noticed that if you click on "directions" you can watch little cars zoom around new york).

But are you sure we don't want to reserve some couches??

Rebecca
2k7-er

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! I won't be able to make it. But please take pictures and post them.

Judy

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betsy - I'm afraid my frequent flyer miles (and parenting schedule) won't allow me to make it there. Please have a drink for me! - SL

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Heather Brewer said...

Yes, please take pictures! I'm totally jealous.

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Did you know there's a Babymouse Store?! (Good for beefing up that kidlit wardrobe!)

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger alvinaling said...

I've reserved some couches under my name. We could also try to reserve the back room if we think there will be a large turnout, which I'm thinking there will be...

 
At 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Bar Nine too.

I am a picturebook author-illustrator. Came with my editor Tim Travaglini and one of his YA authors. Nice to see how the YA's socialize ;) Thanks for the invite. Hope to meet you someday. I have given presentations at the Donnell and get sent around to other nyc branches by Julia. Tell her I said 'Hi'.

Cheers, Melanie Hope Greenberg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home