Fuse #8

Monday, January 29, 2007

Slobodkin Website

Thanks to Gail Gauthier I just learned about this cool Louis Slobodkin website out there. Yeah, its Jim Flora one day and Slobodkin another. I'm apparently trapped in the 20th century.

Till now my only association with Slobodkin was his work on the Caldecott winning Many Moons by James Thurber. Remember when they reillustrated that puppy in '98? Ooooh. I'm still mad. Sure it was by fellow Caldecott winner Marc Simont, but for the last time sir, have you no decency?

In any case they've a lovely collection on this Slobodkin site of his covers, sculpture, and photos. And who even knew he did New Yorker cartoons? Neat stuff.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

::::shyly raises hand::::

I knew he did cartoons for The New Yorker. But that's one of my fascinations.

---------Patty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home