Fuse #8

Monday, February 12, 2007

Doggone It

The world needs wonder. More to the point, it needs Wonder Spots. Now, however, the Lake Delton Wonder Spot has been sold so that a road can go right through it. There was once an old Captain Kangaroo segment filmed at a Wonder Spot (not necessarily this one since there are 21 Mystery Spots around the country) and I've always loved the old-fashioned Americana qualities of such places. I would totally bring my kids to a Mystery Spot. Now we've one less and the world is a slightly poorer place as a result.

Thanks to the BB-Blog who was also kind enough to point out that rabbits should never smile. Ever. Under any circumstances. It's wrong.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fusie!

I've been to the St Ignace, Michigan (in da U.P. doncha know!) repeatedly.

Ah, the ancient Indian legends, the wonderous ball rolling uphill, the interminable gift shop....

Z

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger bb said...

21 of 'em??? Maaaaan. I didn't even know there was one! Thank you for teaching me something new today, Ms. Fuse...

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Lisa Jenn said...

I went to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, CA, and it was probably the best $5 I ever spent. It's a beautiful thing that can make a generally rational, educated person totally go, "Whaaaaa??? How is this happening?!?!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home