Fuse #8

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 34 In a Series

I haven't done a young 'un in quite a while for this series. Today we're going to celebrate a man that could easily sneak himself onto the pages of Tiger Beat and no one would be the wiser. Please know that while all my Hot Men of Children's Literature are hot, they are not all necessarily my type. My type is very odd though (ask me about someday for fun) so I trust very well the nominations I receive in this category.

Today's feller was nominated back in September of 2006 and I never really ever got around to checking him out. The funny thing is, what we're dealing with here is an incipient HMOCL. According to his agency 'Over in the Hollow' a children's book Stephan is illustrating will be released in September 2007 by Chronicle Books (though according to Amazon, September '08 seems to be more likely). In the meantime I encourage you to pour for hours over his website and his portfolio (including work he did for the companion guide to Avenue Q).

So here he is ladies and germs. The one. The only....

S. (STEPHAN) BRITT



Awwwww.
So cute. Like a cuddly little kitten.

For updated news on Mr. S, info is available through Magnet Reps. It was there that I discovered his work with the most recent Wurstminster Dog Show. Observe.

Fox/hound luvin'. Very sweet, though it's hard not to get distracted by the by-line, "GOSSIP: Jennifer Aniston 'De-Horseyfies'." Hunhuna?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second photo of him could be Rob Lowe. But he's not my type, either, alas.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger The Buried Editor said...

I need to start hiring some of the HMoCL. Just imagine the publicity photos. I'm thinking shirtless . . .

Perhaps it's good my husband doesn't blog.

 
At 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot? Never. Man? Someday! Although I'm flattered to be featured as a "HMOCL," I'd much rather be known for my doodles than my "cuddliness." And yes I am working on a children's book for Chronicle as well as one for Simon & Schuster. Both should be available sometime in 2008 (I think).

As for the photos you've posted, I'm afraid they're a bit dated. For more recent snapshots (as well as new doodles), please visit my Flickr account. For example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbritt/280401433/in/set-72157594346728367

Thanks for making my day!
Stephan

 
At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it back, Stephan -- you don't look like Rob Lowe. Phew! That's a relief.

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Not a problem, Stephan. I appreciate the updated pics. I'll try to work them in sometime this week. I think you may also win my official Discovered Your HMOCL Posting the Fastest Award.

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger F. S. Poesy said...

I think you may also win my official Discovered Your HMOCL Posting the Fastest Award.

Do I get part of the prize money because I tipped him off?

What? There's no prize money??? Well, maybe Stephan will nominate me when:

1) I finally write a children's book and

2) You start a Fat Old Bald Guys of Children's Literature series.

sigh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home