Fuse #8

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Imagine If They Combined the Two

Crazy kooky blog Lady, That's My Skull (winner of the Title I Wish I Had Thought To Give MY Blog Award of 2007) doesn't just offer commentary on comic book news, like the truly stupid decision Marvel recently made to kill off Mary Jane in Spiderman via (and this is true) his radioactive sperm. No, this blog even goes so far as to pinpoint what it is about the upcoming Nancy Drew movie that may be cause for concern. Good thoughts all around.

Oh. And remember that Hardy Boys movie with Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller that we thought might be a rumor?

No such luck.

So on the one hand is a serious Nancy Drew and on the other hand a farcical Hardy Boys. If I hear that the Olsen twins are planning something around the Bobbsey Twins, heads will roll. Ditto Lindsey Lohan as Trixie Belden. We're having none of it. NONE!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:36 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I know, Betsy. Can you believe it? I read it in Variety. Surely this is suicide for Stiller (who I hate, but much less than I hate Cruise)

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Maybe so. But have you fully taken into consideration the implications of what could happen if it works? Cruise getting a second career via comedy? It could happen.

Remember that MTV Awards year where Stiller imitated Cruise in Magnolia? That's all I'm seeing here. And it ain't pretty.

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A serious Nancy Drew? Have you seen the trailer?

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Okay... "serious" wasn't quite what I meant. But certainly straight. Not a spoof on the Nancy Drew genre, unlike the Hardy Boys movie.

 
At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey could never play Trixie.
But perhaps, she could play cousin Hallie?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home