Fuse #8

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Because I Seem To Have Knit-Related Readers

I don't knit. Sorta goes against the whole stereotype of New York librarians, but there it is. I grew up in a home full of knitting. Huge bookshelves filled with roving. Piles of skeins dyed pastel hues via a packet of Kool-Aid and a slow cooker (don't ask). I can spin on a spinning wheel if called upon to do so, but I've little to no interest in picking up a pair of knitting needles (or, if you live in New York and are cheap, chopsticks) to produce a scarf or sweater. Ain't my bag, baby.

Still, you have to respect both knitting and the fashion world when they come up with something like this:


This reminds me, to some extent, of my friend Jessica's recent Halloween costume.



I should point out that when it comes to pure dedication, knit-related blogs rival the kidlit blogs in terms of dedication and posting consistency.

By the way, someone commented the other day on a Harry Potter related knitting project. I don't remember the source of the comment or what it pertained to. Was it in relation to the book Charmed Knits: Projects For Fans of Harry Potter (which MUST include a Golden Stitch, yes?)? Or was it the Harry Potter Knitting blog?

Thanks to LibrariAnne for the first photo.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger Anne said...

My pleasure. Thanks as always for the shout-out.

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Camille said...

I am a wannabe knitter. I like the action but the results do not always work out. My children dutifully accept the misshapen, uneven assortment of projects and promptly chuck them into the back of thetr closets. For me it is not about the product but the process. Thanks for the links and the photos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home