Fuse #8

Monday, February 12, 2007

Mouse Guard

I was under the distinct impression that I already mentioned this at some point. Apparently not.

All right then, Mouse Guard. Y'all are familiar with Mouse Guard, no? No? This is a case of the graphic novel world failing to make the necessary crossover into the kidlit/librarianship universe. You see, in the graphic novel world Mouse Guard is getting a fair amount of pre-publication press. In the kidlit world, however, few of us have heard so much as a peep about this pup. Though it bears more than a faint resemblance to Redwall, Mouse Guard is a graphic novel series that appears to be appropriate for children. The hope is that if it is good it could be used by new fans to introduce them TO the world of Redwall. However, I haven't seen any issues of this series yet, so reviews will have to wait until I get me a copy or two. Stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read the first issue, and it was great. I've heard that it gets fairly violent though, so it might not be the best choice for very young children.
-tangognat

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Good to know. Middle grades thought? Would it be good for them?

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Mordena said...

My 9-year-old daughter likes "Mouse Guard." Her only complaint is that they're very short. She also likes "Warriors" and "Redwall," though, so obviously violence doesn't bug her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home