Fuse #8

Friday, February 09, 2007

Prairie!

Okay. I actually wrote the title of this post before I read the article I'm about to link to. When I read on the Powell's Blog that there was going to be a musical version of Little House On the Prairie I was delighted. I thought naming my post Prairie! would be a delightful humdinger of a reference to those great one-namer musical adaptations out there. Fiorello! Titanic! Annie!

Yeah. You see where this is heading. They've actually named it Prairie. Tis to wonder if irony is dead after all.

Thanks to the Powell's Blog and Maud Newton for the link.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Blogger Jeremiah McNichols said...

I always liked Oh! Streetcar, the Streetcar Named Desire musical title from "The Simpsons."

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

"You can always depend on the kindness of strangers / To pluck up your spirits / And shoo you from danger / Now here's a tip from Blanche you won't regret / A stranger's just a friend you haven't met / You haaaaven't meeeeet / STREETCAR!"

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger web said...

Inexplicably, without an exclamation point.

My favorite fake musical, is of course Elephant! The musical version of The Elephant Man.

"... he's just packing his trunk...."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home