Fuse #8

Friday, February 02, 2007

Throwback Cover

Cynsations had a cool mention up on Wednesday regarding this nice dystopian book, The Silenced by James Devita. I once made a full list of every single post-apocalyptic/futuristic/dystopian children's book out there so that I could read through them. This would have fit the mold perfectly. I saw the cover, and can you blame me for thinking to myself, "Hm. I guess she's talking about a 1973 book, huh?"

Nope. It's coming out this year in June from Laura Geringer Books.
Wow.
They don't hardly make 'em like that no more. I like it, but this is definitely old school cover territory.

In additional news, Cynsations had a nice interview with the infamous Greg Fishbone, author and president of The Class of 2K7. Check it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Greg R. Fishbone said...

Infamous...I like the sound of that.

--Greg

 
At 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also quite reminiscent of the Silence of the Lambs movie poster.

 
At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, *I* was made in 1973. Good year. :)

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Indeed. An excellent vintage. Though I hear there's no comparison with the '78. That one has a fine nose to it.

 
At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to see a book trailer for THE SILENCED, click here:
www.jamesdevita.com/trailer

I think it's pretty cool--

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home