Fuse #8

Sunday, March 18, 2007

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make a Kick-Ass Book Trailer



Mitali Perkins mentioned this briefly the other day and I figured it would fit in nicely on Sunday.

Basically, this is a trailer for The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davis. It is simple. It is direct. It is relatively inexpensive. And it is one of the best examples I've ever seen of advertising your book in an ultimately classy, extraordinary way.

Two thumbs way way up for this trailer then. I don't know if it was created by Davis herself or if this was the brainchild of Houghton Mifflin. Regardless, whoever thought it up should receive full credit.

Now please send me an ARC. I haven't read many "fun" books lately and this one sounds delicious.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betsy, I can answer that question for you, because Jackie is a friend of mine. She did it herself, with a little bit of technical assitance! I know because I asked her if the person who created it was a pro movie trailer person. It is great--I agree 100%!!

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Shoot, man. She should teach a class on this. SCBWI should pay for her to visit all their conferences explaining to up-and-coming authors how to sell yourself. She's got the goods.

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger seaweedgrrl said...

Thanks from the that "technical person". It was a really fun trailer to design and animate and Jackie new just what she wanted! She is great visionary with alot to offer!

I am so pleased this it taking off! Go Jackie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home