Fuse #8

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Casting Horton

Things are looking up in the land of picture book to silver screen adaptations:
Carol Burnett has signed on as a member of the cast of Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who , the CG animated feature film from Fox Animation . Burnett, who will lend her voice to the skeptical Kangaroo in the story, joins the voice cast that already features Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, as well as Seth Rogen, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, Dane Cook, Jaime Pressly, and Jonah Hill. Scheduled for release exactly a year from today, March 14, 2008, Horton Hears A Who is from Fox Animation's Blue Sky Studios . Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino will direct the movie from a script adaptation penned by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio.
Rough Order of Thought Processes:
  1. Carol Burnett. I like Carol Burnett. I associate Carol Burnett with myself as a child watching her on The Muppet Show. Therefore this makes much sense to my Gen X sensibilities.
  2. Jim Carrey. Man who thinks he can write a children's book. Oog.
  3. Steve Carell. I love Steve Carell.
  4. Seth... wait, wait wait wait.... SETH ROGAN???? My boy! Oh my goodness. What a catch.
  5. The rest of those guys, pah. Seth Rogan!!!!

And so on and such.

Thanks to bookshelves of doom for the link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just sad that he'll be a cartoon -- unless they give his character some huge sideburns, a la his Freaks and Geeks days. Le sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home