Fuse #8

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not a Wiki Novel, but Close

Obviously I'm running a little bit behind here these days. You'll have to be patient with me while I play catch up.

Now we're all familiar with Kelly Herold's children's wiki novel (if we are good people, that is). This isn't precisely the same thing, but I was rather touched by it. The infamous (in a good way) Lisa Yee is holding a Blog-a-Story-a-Thon. Here are the rules:
THE RULES
1. The first line will mirror the first line in SO TOTALLY EMILY EBERS (that way I can see how the book would have gone with lots of input) -- "Today was the last day of school, and the second saddest day of my entire life."

2. Anyone can contribute ONE SENTENCE (and only one sentence).

2a. Make sure you POST YOUR SENTENCE AS A COMMENT and not a reply to the previous post.3. If can be rated G or PG or PG-13.

3. Every now and then, I may change the direction of the story. If that happens, you can contribute ANOTHER sentence (and only one sentence).

4. And because I always write the last lines of my books first, the last line of the Blog-a-Story-Thon will be this: "He turned out the light and went into the Peeps' room. He would be there all night, and he would so totally be there when the Peeps waked up in the morning."

And do not even pretend like you don't know how to do this. There are, as of this writing, just 32 comments on the site. You can do better. Shoo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hm. Good point. Waked indeed.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Lisa Yee said...

(The sentence is parodied from the last line in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. However, I added the Peeps part.)

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Aaaaaah! GOOD to know. Otherwise very confusing. Thanks, Lisa!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home