Fuse #8

Thursday, March 08, 2007

How Did I Miss This?

This is a good example of why you should never rely on a single blog for your kidlit intelligence. If you only read A Fuse #8 Production then you just came half a hair close to missing the fact that the upcoming television show The Return of Jezebel James is all about a juvenile lit publisher. Hunhuna? Now I knew that Parker Posey had a project coming up, but somehow this detail eluded me entirely. Posey, who I love and wish to marry and bear the children of (in a platonic way, you understand), has already done some good in the world by appearing in the heinous/lovable librarian film Party Girl. They showed this film as part of my Introduction to Libraries class when I was getting my MLIS degree. It was either that or Desk Set, I guess.

So now I have to watch this show. Which is fine since, as I may have mentioned, Posey is a god. Still, I dunno if I can fit in another show alongside my Lost (good one last night, eh?), House, How I Met Your Mother (John Green's secret shame show), 30 Rock, Daily Show, and Colbert Report. Guess I'll have to make the time.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:05 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

Oh, I can't wait for this show, even if it is FOX. They just cast the actress who played Claire on Six Feet Under as Posey's younger sister. All the early reports I saw said she would be a YA editor, but now I'm seeing "author" as you character description some places... Either way: can't wait!

 
At 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I love Parker Posey too!!!

waitaminute . . . you don't watch Medium?

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Robin Brande said...

Yes, finally good one on Lost last night. So far that one and the back story on Desmond have been the real bright spots this year. Otherwise, eh.

Glad to see you're a Parker Posey fan, too. She's hilarious.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Kate punching out that awful awful woman was enough for me to forgive the show for the monumentally stupid How Jack Got His Tattoo episode. Nice to see a Sayid flashback too. I just wish they got John back to his previous competency levels.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

Only six shows? You're not taking full advantage of your DVR. More laziness, I say!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Uh-huh, Mr. I-Still-Watch-Studio-60-On-the-Sunset-Strip. Six is me max.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Randomly contributing to the conversation: they actually showed Desk Set for an ETHICS class during grad school!

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

Don't out me online!

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Well, at least FOX is one of the three channels I get (Pittsburgh is notorious for bad TV reception and I will not pay for cable.)

(I also get NBC, PBS, and a lot of shopping and/or religious channels)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home