Fuse #8

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Prefer My Holmes "Action-Man-Like"

Sometimes you just can't make these things up. Guess the next Sherlock Holmes. Aw, go on. Is it Jeremy Irons? Is it Alan Rickman? Is it Jason Isaacs?

Think again.

Favorite Quote From Article:
Unlike previous films this one is going to focus more on Holmes' physical attributes, including his talent for bare-knuckle and sword fighting, which were both mentioned in the original books. "Russell is the favourite for the role as it's felt he'll give the character the action-man-like qualities the part is going to require."
Just wondering if the seven percent solution is going to get its due.

Thanks to LibrariAnne for the link.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:06 AM , Blogger Camille said...

Jeremy Brett will be forever and ever, my one and only Holmes.

I detect an attempt to rewind the franchise and do for Holmes what Daniel Craig did for James Bond.

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must now find a way to incorporate the clunking phrase "action-man-like" into my everyday vocabulary, because it's too funny to pass up.

Crowe might be interesting for other reasons -- like how he played John Nash in A Beautiful Mind. (If folks are correct and Holmes is borderline Asperger's, that is.)

 
At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes on Jeremy Brett. Though my mind was blown the other day when we watched My Fair Lady and I realized that he was Freddy Eynsford-Hill.

Crowe I cannot see, though I didn't see A Beautiful Mind.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home