Fuse #8

Thursday, March 22, 2007

On the AP

Book Moot made a great call yesterday when she found an article about the previously missing boyscout that makes some rather pointed references to a book near and dear to our hearts. Check it out.

Also, far be it from me to ever mention a FOX News affiliate in any way, shape, or form, but it was rather nice to see the Cybil Awards receive this shout-out from Kansas. This is what we call in the biz a good news day.

Finally the Contra Costa Times (childish me can't get over how much fun that name is to say) has a piece on the ALA site where you can nominate your favorite local librarian. Julie Winklestein (Winklestein at Contra Costa... hee hee hee) was initially reluctant to, "be a part of something that formalizes appreciation." Good line that. Still, she comes around and for a good cause. Many thanks to the Bowllan Blog for the link.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:16 AM , Blogger waltc said...

It won't make it any less fun to say (I don't get it, but I've lived near Contra Costa county for too long, maybe)--but you've got an extra "r" in there. Second word "Costa," no "r".

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Whoops! I most certainly do. My apologies to you and yours. Fortunately it is, as you say, still fun to say.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger waltc said...

No apologies required. ("Near" Contra Costa is the relevant word. I haven't lived in Contra Costa--Spanish for "opposite coast" because it's more-or-less opposite San Francisco on the east side of the bay, although not really--County for 29 years, but did live there, in Walnut Creek, for three years way back then.)

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

I'm a former Contra Costa resident, too! El Cerrito for me.

Great post!! I enjoyed the link to Book Moot, and great shout-out to the Cybils. I'll definitely be posting that later on Finding Wonderland.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home