Fuse #8

Friday, March 02, 2007

Rating a Blog

So I'm trolling my usual troll when I see a new kidlit blog spring up somewhere in the general vicinity of Australia. It's just getting started so there's not much there to report on, but then I notice a Rate This Blog posting at the top. Rate this blog? This appears to be an option put out by BigBlog (as opposed to Blogger or Wordpress) and it scares the bejeezus out of me. Rating blogs? Would that help or hurt the blogger? If I saw that I was averaging one and a half out of five, would that discourage me or encourage me? I'm sure that it's a way for BigBlog to locate their biggest draws, but it seems like a questionable idea to me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, that is kind of scary. Especially as so many blog readers are drive-by readers.

I'd give you a 5, Fuse!

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well I think you're more deserving of a 5, Kelly.

See? Maybe this whole "rate" thing would work out. Let's not test it though.

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger The Buried Editor said...

What a horrible idea. I'd hate to have someone rate my blog on an off-day. For that matter, I'm not sure I'd want them to rate it on a good day. It might irrevocably damage my self-esteem.

But I do agree with Kelly's score on yours, and I'll add that she deserves a 5 as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home