Fuse #8

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Who Says I Don't Have an Editor?

This is how it's going to play out. Someday in the future I'll come home from a long hard day of reference work, plop down on my sofa, pull up my robot, and dictate to him (not her, cause that'd be weird) all the blog postings I want for the following day. A dream, you say? Not anymore.
NEC Corporation announced development of a new system for automatically creating multi-media blogs. The new system has been developed on NEC's prototype robot PaPeRo, and is initialized when a user begins a conversation with PaPeRo about the events of their day, which the system then records and analyzes. Following this, PaPeRo searches for suitable multi-media contents on the internet, including images, illustrations and music, which are automatically uploaded and edited along with the video recording on the user's blog. This new system facilitates ease of multi-media-rich blog creation.The novel system has been realized by integrating (1) large-vocabulary, continuous speech recognition technology, which converts the speech content of the video message into text and extracts important keywords, and (2) natural language, text retrieval technology, which enables searching of contents on the internet.
The future is nigh and it is, not to put too fine a point on it, ADORABLE.

Thanks, of course, to the wonderful BB-Blog for the link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Seriously, so, so cute. I want one, though I can't quite conceive how this would work if:

a) I can write faster than I can speak [and type]
b) I usually know what image I want ahead of time.

Still cute, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home