Fuse #8

Friday, April 27, 2007

Emily Jenkins and an Honest-to-God Photo of Meghan McCarthy

Y'all missed a really good lecture with Emily Jenkins last night. Not you, Tim Bush. You've been extraordinary about attending these things. And Sergio Ruzzier and Tomek Bogacki, two of Ms. Jenkins' collaborators, BOTH showed up. I know a lot of authors who never even meet their artistic brethren and here Ms. Jenkins managed to conjure up two in a single night. That's half a sandwich shy of impossible. Her talk had all sorts of new information in it too. The difficulties that come with trying to photograph your cat. The fact that her illustrators have the eerie ability to place Ms. Jenkins' husband in their books WITHOUT having ever seen him. The title of her picture book coming out in March 2007 (which I begged on bended knee for a copy of, much to the dismay of my boss). Her newest title What Happens on Wednesdays, which looks good too. The only flaw with it is that every time I see the cover I think to myself, "What happens on Wednesdays STAYS on Wednesdays".

By the way, former Spring Lecturer Meghan McCarthy has just been interviewed at 7-Imp and they somehow or other managed to charm a kick-ass picture out of the lovely lass. It'd be a shame if you missed it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS a good pic, isn't it? If I had eyes that blue, I'd be renting out billboards to show 'em off.

I'm deeply jealous you got to hang with Emily Jenkins. She seems so very cool.

 
At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has suggested our blog name become a verb, as in when asking how the interview went, the interviewee can respond: "It was great. Dude, I totally imped it."

I like this.

Really, Meghan sent us a whole slew of great photos. If it wouldn't freak her out, I'd do a post with just the extras. And tune in on Monday, 'cause we're just going to have to work in the photo of Linda Wingerter spinning fire.

 
At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Sergio Ruzzier, there's someone who should be a HMOCL.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Don't think the thought didn't occur.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Meghan McCarthy said...

I'm glad you guys like my photo! I only WISH my eyes were blue all the time. That's the flash magic. It either makes my eyes super blue or colors them red. I can't wait to read Linda's! I'm jealous of her fire spinning ability.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home