Fuse #8

Thursday, May 03, 2007

First They Came for Strawberry Shortcake. And I Said Nothing

Aw, Ann. How sad it is to see you go this route. I should have known it was coming. From Cynopsis Kids (I can't seem to find this info anywhere else):
A makeover for Raggedy Ann, and her new look will be unveiled in spring/fall 2008. Targeted to girls 4-7, Raggedy Ann & Me will feature new dolls created by Russ Berrie, a series of books by Simon & Schuster and a new style guide in support of a merchandise program.
I understand why they felt it necessary to update 80s icons. But Raggedy Ann? Are we serious? What more can you do to her?

The mind boggles.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM , Blogger ChatRabbit said...

What can they do?
I see the Holly Hobbie Treatment in Raggedy's near future!

 
At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure they will stick her in a Midrift and her gloves will now have finger holes or something. I mean really...

 
At 5:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavens, this can't be good. I haven't get gotten over the computer animated Ninja Turtles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home