Fuse #8

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh, There Once Was a Blog from Nantucket...

From author Mitali Perkins comes the following contest:
In honor of my birthday, I'm emulating Bilbo Baggins and giving away a bag of my favorite savory, nutty, spicy Hot Mix and a signed copy of Rickshaw Girl. To win, you must supply the best 9-syllable last line of advice in one of two limericks.
Smart people that you all are, I'm sure you'll come up with multiple answers to her samples. Me? Not so much. Rhyming is best done when you're playing a game of Balderdash at 2 a.m., have had a touch too much to drink, and you've started rhyming all your answers with a kind of way-hey gleeful abandon. Or is that just me?

Speaking of Bilbo Baggins though, check this out:


I got this from Saints and Spinners and I believe that what we may have here is the very first Hobbit home I've seen that I actually like. Especially if it was made for kids. I mean, when you compare it to this and this, there is no comparison.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:06 AM , Blogger Camille said...

Another Hobbit Hole, hooray! Yes, this is actually built into a pseudo-hill.

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Maybe that's why I like it. Hm.

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky kid. Forget tree houses.

 
At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it's a faux round door. Look at those hinges! Disqualified!

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

*GASP*

You are correct, oh other anonymous person. Tarnation twice over! Nothing worse than a faux round door. Standards. How they fall.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Maybe the hinges are just to throw off potential hobbit-hunters. "Is this is a hobbit hole? Nay, for the door is actually square, see." Then they go off, not knowing that the real hinges are hidden. O clever, clever architect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home