Fuse #8

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Perhaps It Will Lead to a Trend of Naming Sons "Tolly"

I don't know why I even act surprised about this. I suppose it was kind of inevitable. Though I wouldn't have thought that Hollywood was bored with the cool fantasy titles coming out right now, they're certainly trying to give some older works a second go around. Take, as today's example, the fact that they're turning The Children of Green Knowe into a film. Yes yes, the BBC already did it in 1986. But this one's gonna be different! First of all, they're changing the name. Librarians be wary. When kids come walking through your doors asking for the book From Time to Time (and could they seriously have come up with a duller title?), what they really mean is The Children of Green Knowe. Not that you need worry about this anytime soon. They've only just now hired the screenwriter Julian Fellowes to write it up. And hopefully he'll do something about that working title. But his previous claim to fame? Gosford Park. My oh my. Think he'll play up the creepier elements of "Noah"? Fingers are crossed.

Thanks to Cinematical for the link.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Tolly was the nickname of my brother Bartholomew before he went to kindergarten and went by the more gruff name of "Bart." Ergo, the first time I read the Green Knowe books, I was tickled.

 
At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this series- another one that no one I knew ever had read. Although Stranger at Greene Knowe was a little scary for me.... I read the first one out loud to my daughter and she enjoyed it, but has not gone back to read it on her own as I used to do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home