Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Why Can't They Be Like We Were? Perfect in Every Way?

When you're a 20-something someone and you have no children you may work with the little buggers known as "youth" but you're not actively engaged in their clothing. You do vaguely notice when you go to the clothing stores that certain styles are more common on the shelves than others (with the clear intention of turning you into a Bratz doll) but you don't really pay attention.

Imagine the plight of the writer of children's books then. J.L. Bell's writing one (yay!) and it has occurred to him that what his characters wear isn't going to gel with what kids used to wear. The result is a great post called Getting the Details Right. Sometimes research for a book entails trips to the library. Other times, to the playground.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM , Blogger PJ Hoover said...

I've made a habit of arriving early at school to pick up my son so I can watch the safety patrols. Not only what they wear, but (eye roll) the things they say.
Did I ever act like that? Please tell me I didn't (though I'm pretty sure I know the answer).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home