Fuse #8

Monday, September 18, 2006

New Blog Alert

I swear, half my news comes from my Sitemeter. I love you Sitemeter!

So today I discovered a brand spankin' new blog by the name of The Longstockings. For half a moment the average blog reader could be forgiven for thinking that this would be an entirely Pippi-related site with updates on all the latest Pippi news (like this, for example). Then it becomes clear that this is a group with far greater goals, decribed thusly:
The Longstockings are a group of New York City children's writers dedicated to writing and reading great books for children. They met through the MFA in Writing for Children program at The New School, and have supported each other from first chapters to first rejection letters to first book signings.
Neat. There are eight of them in total, though I have only had the pleasure of reading and reviewing only one of their books thus far. I will be watching their blog closely, especially since some of them may be located here in New York and can easily deliver a big ole thwap to my head if I don't like what they write. So far I'm in the clear. From what I've seen as of right now they are dripping with talent.

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Jenny Han said...

I think I love you, fusenumber8!

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thank you.
Unfortunately now I have the Partridge Family song of the same name caught in my head.

So really, what AM I so afraid of?

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Jenny Han said...

That is exactly what I intended! I am devious that way. muhahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home