Fuse #8

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Condensing Monte Cristo

I cannot post from YouTube.
Am I letting this get me down?
Yes.
Am I going to let it continue to get me down?
Yes.
Am I going to find some kind of a workaround just the same?
You betcha.

The YouTube goodie I wanted to feed you involves the all new spooky world of book trailers. We've heard about them here and there, even if we've never seen one up close and personal. What about book trailer book reports, though? Where do they fall into the grand scheme of things? Danged if I know, but this summary of The Count of Monte Cristo has won me over. I'm still trying to figure out if it's authentic. I mean, do teens today still use the term "rad"? Really? That's back in style? Whatever the story behind it, though, consider this to be a possible alternative to those dry book reports we used to give in school when we were young. Now all you need is a projector and an iPod and voila! Instant craziness.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's high school, shouldn't there be some analysis, not just a plot summary? Or was my school overly rigorous?

Or am I just too critical?

Probably the latter.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I don't know. She seemed pretty critical of some of the plot choices, especially at the end.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home