Fuse #8

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where the Wild Things Ain't

Not every day is full to brimming with a wide assortment of delicious children's literature news. The sad truth of the matter is that bloggers like myself must sometimes scramble to find anything even tangentially related to my profession. Some days this is easy. Let's say, for example, that Maurice Sendak decided to tap dance naked at Radio City Music Hall with the Rockettes. Now THAT would be a good news day! Too good, probably. It would be better if he tap danced naked with the Rockettes in my living room. I'd be the only one who knew about it, making mine the exclusive blog to watch. This goes double if I remember my digital camera.

Then there are days like today. I mean, aside from the already described Little, Brown & Co. Spring preview, there ain't a lot to say.

So what do we do when the going gets tough?
We blog about freezing shadows, THAT'S WHAT!


This high-tech strobe freezes shadows on the wall – you keep moving, but your shadow doesn't. Add doodles, details and other drawings with the special light pen.
Oh, BB-Blog. The hours of enjoyment I've suffered at your hands more than makes up for my hollow little lie of a life.

Not too long ago I showed you some cool clouds from the bloomabilities blog. Now I've a whole lovely link to billions of freaky creations like so:


... or this ...


And in a final bit of this-has-nothing-to-do-with-kidlit schtoof, wherefore do they fear my love?

2 Comments:

At 5:13 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

We have that strobe/shadow thingee. It utterly rocks. And they undersell the "special light pen" cuz it's really cool -- you can basically write directly on the screen with the pen (part of the StarTrek-esque device visible in the hand in that pic), and leave behind this cool, ghostly-greenish writing. NOT that I've ever procrastinated with this toy, but I'm just saying I hear you can kill quite a bit of time playing with it.

 
At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of those cloud photos you've posted remind me of David Wiesner's work -- especially the mammatus clouds.

There...they are officially on-topic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home