Fuse #8

Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Shopping For the Librarian You Love

Someone asked me the other day for the infamous Proud To Be a Radical Militant Librarian website so that they could buy one of the mugs on the site for Christmas for a librarian they love. That got me to thinking. Why not post some all-librarian all-the-time places to purchase merchandise? Your local children's librarian deserves a gift. Why not go for the best?

So first of all, if you would prefer an alternate version of a shirt sporting the phrase Radical Militant Librarian, such a thing can be found on this site.

For the biker-chick librarian, pick from this assortment of delicious tattoos.

Librarian keychains (shown left) and other oddities may perhaps be more their speed. And I hope y'all haven't forgotten how cool we all found those banned book bracelets a couple months ago. They're still for sale and they're still awesome.

Finally, it isn't a complete list unless I promte a little Unshelved merchandise. "What happens in storytime, stays in storytime." My sole regret is that this phrase isn't available in a muscle tee. Children's author Alan Silberberg, by the way, has his own suggestion for the holiday season. I'm sure that there are other places to look as well, but these will probably hold you over for now.

6 Comments:

At 12:48 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Is the Nancy Pearl Action Figure no longer a good gift? I don't think the push button shushing action EVER goes out of style...

 
At 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another place is Stop Falling Productions, which has some very nice (if not particularly radical) products.

kriz1818

 
At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, dig it. At the end of that Silberberg short, you can spot little Cybil awards tacked on the covers of those books.

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yup. Ain't he a sweetheart? He snuck those puppies in just for us. I should have mentioned it in the post.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

Glad my first attempt at "product placement" was appreciated! Could a Cybil Award animated series on Nick be far behind?

(Thanks for the mention ~)

alan

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger web said...

My son and I have matching "storytime" shirts. Thank God he is still too young to find me utterly embarrasing.

(I also have the amazingly cool
"LIBRARY" jacket and wear it at every possible opportunity.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home