Fuse #8

Friday, January 26, 2007

Come Follow Follow Follow Follow Follow Follow Me

Laura Ljungkvist was most recently known in the literary children's world for her work on the 2006 picture book title Follow the Line as published by Viking. If you've taken a trip to the Museum of Modern Art anytime recently you may have also seen her art grace the window displays of their gift shop and catalog. Now she has a sequel to her ultra-mod title. Follow the Line: Through the House is coming out in May or so. Here are some sneak preview pics of the work. Clicking on them offers a clearer view, I've found.










I was lucky enough to see an early manuscript of Ms. Ljungkvist's latest, which means I cannot in good conscience review it here. The most I can do is show these selected scenes. Them's purdy, no?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:26 AM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Off-topic: During my Sunday walk-through of the ALA exhibits, I passed by what was probably the North-South Publishing booth. The representative held up a child-sized tee-shirt with the Rainbow Fish on it that she was about to give to a visitor. I thought of you, I really did. And then, I decided to pass it by. However, if there's ever a "Giving Tree" tee-shirt in the works, it's totally yours.

Aiee.

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Awww. Thanks for thinking of me. They didn't happen to have any Love You Forevers on hand, though, did they? That there would be the Holy Grail of book related t-shirts.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger gail said...

What a cool book! I've got to get my hands on that one. It appeals to the Graphic Designer in me and reminds me of the style of illustrations used in the picture books I looked at as a child. Glad I stopped by here.

gail

 
At 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should let Greg at www.daddytypes.com know about it - that's the kind of thing he would definitely post on his blog.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Done and done.

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger bb said...

GORGEOUS illustrations. Yay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home