Fuse #8

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Could Easily Be a Children's Book

Slow children's book news day, I guess.

When that happens I like to daydream what it would be like to be a children's book author. I imagine finding obscure, wonderful occurrences in daily life and transforming them into a fun children's book. Take as your example this:


Looks like a rather odd little painting doesn't it? What you are seeing here are at least 8,910 people in North Dakota who've joined together to break the Guinness world record for snow angel-making. Michigan had the title last year, and N.D. snatched it away. Now the battle's on. Rumble snow style. As a former Michigan native, I must side with my homeland, but my cheers go on for those crazy North Dakotains (North Dakotarians? North Dakotants?) for their pluck and sense of humor.

Thanks to the BB-Blog for the link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of The Giant Ball of String by Arthur Geisert. I love that book for many reasons, but I particularly love it for its use of the word, "illgotten" (referring to the titular giant ball of string -- it's all very serious).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home