Fuse #8

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Random House (Again)

The New York Times recently reported that, "Random House has introduced a search tool on its Web site that will make available a small portion of text from 5,000 of its new and backlist titles." What that means for the children and YA portions of their backlist, I do not know. Worth keeping an eye on, anyway.

And, by the way, how long has the New York Times had this option with their articles where if you double click on a word it immediately defines it for you? Is this a new idea or are other newspapers doing this as well?

Thanks to Critical Mass for the link.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger Annie Donwerth Chikamatsu said...

I love that booksellers are including these features. In the past, I bought books sight unseen from mail catalogs and online services. (I'm off on other shores where there are no English bookstores to peruse titles.)
I've made mistakes in the past. Sad, too, because I paid major bucks to have books sent here. I've been able to find loving homes for those mistakes though.

I'm loving the books I've been getting lately. Just received my free copy of Lisa Gaff's book from HarperCollins' promotion through your blog. I posted about it Feb. 27. Thanks, fuse8! It's a really good book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home