Fuse #8

Friday, June 02, 2006

Your Daily Jolt of a Jab At LYF

What's a week without me taking a crack at Love You Forever yet again? Recently I came across a news item from back in December of 2005. Here are the relevant bullet points as I see them.

- Love You Forever's original pictures went on the block to be sold

- They sold

- They probably sold for somewhere around $300,000 Canadian, though the final price was never announced.

My thoughts? Imagine what $300,000 (even in Canadian) could do. You could create wells in Africa or donate the money to a charitable fund. Or you could purchase the visual equivalent of melted Peeps.

You know what I should do? I should review Stephanie's Ponytail on this site. I liked that book. It was funny, and smart, AND written by Mr. Munsch. I should review it so that if he ever comes into my library with a blackjack in hand, I'll have some way of defending myself.

8 Comments:

At 4:44 PM , Blogger Jackie Parker said...

"melted Peeps." hee. This might reveal my Food Network addiction, but did anyone see the "Ham on the Street" where he blew up stuff in the microwave? That was so awesome. And the Peeps were the best. =D

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I missed that one. Have you ever seen Peep jousing, though? You give each Peep a toothpick with which to "joust", set them far apart from one another, then place bets on which one will pop the other as they expand. Of course, the clean-up afterwards is less than desirable.

 
At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peeps aside, let me ask you this: can't the same argument be made about money spent on any piece of art (questions of taste and aestetics aside)? You're getting awfully close to that ancient Greek who decreed there was no room or tolerance for art or artists in time of need.

which face it, is pretty much always somewhere in the world.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Let it never be said that I have no tolerance for art. Fortunately, in this particular case, there is no art of which to speak. Ba dum bum ching!

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

By the way, your love of LYF is more than admirable. You're a good sport to not rip on me harder for my constant assaults on it. I'd stop but it's like eating a package of delicious creamy M&Ms. So hard to stop.

Now why am I suddenly thinking of M&Ms?

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger bookstore girl said...

Maybe I just dreamed this, but didn't the money from the auction, in fact, go to charity? I have a vague recollection of somethign like that.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Gail Gauthier said...

Fuse, ya gotta let it go.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

But they're just so weird. Pirate pearls? I mean, c'mon. Really.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home