Fuse #8

Friday, July 28, 2006

Formidable Opponent

The justification: Okay, let's see. I'm a children's librarian. Librarians must make oodles of flyers and hand-outs for their branches. As such, they need to use a lot of clip art (still with me?). And what better way to celebrate such a need then with this hilarious posting?

The compromise: Obviously you guys don't care whether or not I stay topic as fully as I myself care. So here's what I'll do. Every day I can post one item that has only a tangential connection to children's literature. I don't want to turn into one of those Gee, Ain't This Funny blogs that are spotted throughout the internet. I just want to occasionally share things that are especially funny. Bad clip art, for example. Like this one...

7 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Blogger MotherReader said...

Clip art of tires, maybe useful. Clip art of Lincoln, maybe useful.
But what possible use is there for this particular graphic? Is there a bevy of Lincoln-related tire-kicking memos going around?

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well check out the post then. They get better and better. I'm partial to the bull amongst the cows.

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Leila said...

The ant just looked so... so... DIRTY.

Kind of like Nala in that one shot of The Lion King -- you know the one that I mean? Where she gives Simba the Queen of All Come Hither Looks? Yeech.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

One could probably do a study on the ant to figure out why exactly a position of that sort strikes a person as naaasty. Sans genitalia, no less.

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the Land of Lincoln myself, I can testify that old Abe is quite a popular figure with advertisers in these parts -- so I can actually imagine that one being used. The others...er, no.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger bb said...

Right before I saw your post, I'd seen this. A clip art kinda day, methinks (though yours isn't quite as scarily OCD as this):
http://oliverlaric.com/787cliparts.htm

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

For the sake of my own sanity I won't tell you how long I watched this before it occurred to me that it was on a continuous loop. Now to rewire my shorted out brain.

Verrry nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home