Fuse #8

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Berenstain Bears



In my time as a children's librarian I have come to learn some pretty interesting things about my cohorts in the field. Mainly, The Berenstain Bears are more loathed than loved. I've never had any particular problems with that clan of godless killing machines, but mention the name "Berenstain Bears" around some of my fellows and you'll see the true depths of hatred that their name can sometimes inspire. For people such as these, I direct you to, of all things, a Daily Iowan piece entitled, Berenstain Bear Books I Would Like To See. For the most part, there's not much here you haven't seen before, though I did enjoy the following quite a bit:

- The Berenstain Bears Learn about Neofeudalism and the Emerging American Aristocracy

and

- The Berenstain Bears Explore the Interpretation that "Benjamin" is a Modern Representation of Christ in William Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury

For if you're feeling bored. Plus it fits in nicely with the recent bookshelves of doom discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home