Fuse #8

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 26 In a Series

Today we mark a milestone in our much beloved series. I, your average Manhattan children's librarian, have given to you hot authors, illustrators, publishers, and editors. But the term, "Hot Men of Children's Literature" is a flexible all-encompassing moniker. Why limit ourselves to the real world when the virtual one offers us just as many joes to pick from? I'm talking about kid lit bloggers, of course. Bloggers that will one day be published and become famous authors allowing us the chance to say that we knew them back when.

So here he is. A sweetheart that has taken the blogworld by storm (along with his two lady friends), the one, the only...

JAY ASHER

Wait... wait no. No no... let's try that again... It's a perfectly nice photo for what it is (everybody say HELLO, LISA YEE!) but our boy deserves better. Lemme see....


Much better! Now you can see Mr. Asher (second from the end on the left) with his various cohorts. You've got your Robin and your Eve and your Lisa Yee (can you tell which blog I swiped these from?) and your fellow attractive blogger Gregory K of Gotta Book. But the ladies who are not Lisa Yee represent the two branches in the triumverate that is Disco Mermaids. And once a year they make Jay dress in drag (hence the previous photo). I'm not entirely certain why. I think it must be a California thing, since that's where they're all from. Or it could be because the SCBWI Conference has a costume contest each year. Something like that.

Anywho, Mr. Asher writes and posts thoughts on the process on his blog regularly. You are encouraged to do the Check It Out thing. A tip of the hat to an all around swell fella.

9 Comments:

At 2:24 AM , Blogger Lisa Yee said...

OMG! OMG!! It's JAY!!!

What a wonderful choice. In the words of Paris Hilton, and I am paraphrasing, "There's nobody good here, so I'm going to pretend to be talking on my cell phone."

Oops. I meant, "That's hot!"

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

We've always considered Jay our own "hot man" but we're glad to share him with the world! Thanks for noticing one-third of our hotness!
-Robin

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Don Tate II said...

Ah! And I almost didn't recognize him without the Farrah do, and dress.

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Sarah Darer Littman said...

I fractured my metatarsal at this year's SCBWI conference jumping off a stage with the aforementioned "Hot Man" (who is not just hot, but is incredibly funny and wonderful as well) and when people asked me how I did it I amused myself by telling the truth: "Well, I jumped off a stage to get jiggy with a man dressed as a saloon girl with a blonde wig and fishnet stockings."

I might add that it seems totally unfair that Jay's legs look better in fishnets than mine do. But I guess that's why he's a Hot Man of Children's Literature and I'm just a glorified kids' chauffeur

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yes. Few people know about my Do His Legs Look Good In Fishnets? requirement when it comes to my Hot Men. Christopher Paul Curtis, for example, sports dandy calves whereas Mo Willems just barely earned himself a slot on the list due to his shapely ankles.

 
At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly can't hold a candle to Jay in fishnets, but I'd like to point out that in that group picture, I'm THINKING of fishnets. Still, I must tip my cap to you, Fuse, for giving Jay his very, very well deserved due.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

Thank you, Fuse, for making today so wonderful. Robin and Eve took me out to lunch and agreed to refer to me as His Royal Hottness for an entire hour. The librarians I work with agreed not to point and say, "You?" more than once. And my wife agreed to try real hard to keep her eyes from rolling and keep her snickers to a minimum.

Tomorrow, of course, everything goes back to normal...but I've still got a few hours left of gloating today!

- Jay

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Awww. See? That's how it should be. From now on I'm only doing fellers who would WANT to be HMOCL.

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Hooray for Jay!!

I am a fan!! :D

rita

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home