Fuse #8

Friday, September 15, 2006

iTod

In Britain, this is old news. Therefore the British contingent of my readers will look upon this post with a fair bit of ennui. I understand. For the Yanks, however, I introduce to you the iTod. Heard of it? Want to? Of course you do! Observe:


What does that look like to you? If you said "That looks like an iPod for small children", you've earned yourself a cookie.
Fisher-Price will launch the “iTod”, its first MP3 player aimed at infants, this summer. The device comes with tiny volume-restricted headphones, while an iTunes-style online store will sell parentally approved songs for the player.
It gets better....
The Bratz dolls led the digital advance with a £40 MP3 player for six-year-olds, but younger children are now the target.
I never liked Bratz stuff to begin with. Now I can justify that feeling with something other than that oh-so vague argument of "ewwwww...." I would think that even the daftest of parents would see that plugging your baby into their own MP3 player is not the smartest move in the world. But apparently I still have just a smackeral of too much faith in the human race left in my bloodstream.

Of course, if you want to turn your baby into an iPod, that is totally your call.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Blogger Karen said...

This has actually been available in the US since late June. Here they are calling it an FP3 player (FisherPrice, get it!) I would never get it it - among other things it only plays their propritary files - but they have also come out with a Kid Tough Digital Camera - that is fabulous - my 5 year old - you've met him - loves it - dual viewfinder and unbreakable rubber case.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I've no problem with toddler electronics in general. But the iTod or FP3 seems a bit extreme. Even if you could hook it up to play Raffi all day, do you really want your tiny child to shut off all other sensory perceptions at that young an age? Oogy. The camera, on the other hand, sounds like fun.

 
At 1:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rats. I thought this blog was going to be a review of the iTod reality podcast.
:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home