Fuse #8

Friday, October 27, 2006

Six Word Stories

Everyone on the web has apparently been talking about these, so I see no need to stay silent on the subject. As I discovered initially through bookshelves of doom, dozens of writers recently attempted to create stories consisting entirely of six words. My favorites?

I’m dead. I’ve missed you. Kiss … ?
- Neil Gaiman

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card

Easy. Just touch the match to
- Ursula K. Le Guin

and my favorite

Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time
- Alan Moore

And then there is the Saints and Spinners version. These are little more kidlit friendly:

Charlotte's Web, by E. B. White:
Some pig! Some spider! No bacon.

Constance: A Story of Early Plymouth, by Patricia Clapp:
"I hate you!"
"Kiss me."
"Okay."

The contributers had some nice ones as well, including:

Lord of the Rings:
"This ring's heavy."
"Throw it away"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home