Fuse #8

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Beck and Call

I'm not a lazy blogger, but I am an easily distracted one. Truth be told, once I write a post I rarely look at its comments after a day or so. So when I recently posted info on some Golden Compass and Tom Trueheart book trailers, it never occurred to me that the man behind such goodies would respond to my idle meanderings. Yet as it happened, he did and he pointed out something of interest. In my infinite ignorance I somehow managed to post together two trailers by the same danged company. How's that for kismet? I only learned of my lucky pairing when author Ian Beck himself wrote the following comment:
I was alerted to your comments on the trailers for the Golden Compass, and Tom Trueheart. I am delighted that they have been noticed, and feel I should point out that they are both made by the same team, M B Films, David Mead and Ed Beck a young company based in London UK. I am Ian Beck author of Tom Trueheart, and designer and illustrator of the extra documents for the Dark Materials trilogy. Both trailers were made as technical experiments, the Golden Compass was made using stop frame animation on my kitchen table and copies of my documants to see what could be achieved in camera capture. The Tom Trueheart trailer was a case of the makers testing their abilities with editing, mise en scene and actors, both were produced for little or no money, just for the fun of it, although the Tom Trueheart trailer has been very useful as an introduction to what is a complex book to describe, and I am very pleased that Greenwillow are using it on their site.
If you're anything like me you'll rewatch both trailers to see how Beck's comments fit in. This kind of stuff just fascinates me sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

If by "internationally" you mean "outside of New York" and by "renowned" you mean "glanced at when people Google the words 'hot men'", then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Glad you liked the post.

 
At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am now horrified to see that I did not check the spelling of my submission very carefully, apologies for the typos, I am a fast two finger typist and mistakes are legion. Back to Tom Trueheart 2.
Best Ian

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

You had no way of knowing that I'd pluck it from the ether and post it, however. Plus comment submission boxes are notorious for not letting anyone go back and correct already posted spelling and grammer errors. I think you're in the clear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home