Fuse #8

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature: Part 29 In a Series

A fellow blogger nominated today's HMOCL with the following post:
Tho technically, he is more YA.
Chris Wooding, the author of The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray and Poison
His Broken Sky series is ages 9 to 12 according to Amazon, so maybe you can check out his picture and include him?
I ADORE his writing.
I made the necessary checks. Yes, Broken Sky could be called children's literature. I was also well aware that The Haunting of Alaizabel Clay is considered a YA classic, and a one-of-a-kind piece. I then quickly learned the additional following facts:

  • This fellow is a year older than I am.
  • He had a literary agent at the age of 18 (oog).
  • The bio on his site tends to use phrases like, "His formative years were spent in a grim, squalid ex-mining town in the Midlands, where the crushing monotony of his surroundings fostered a need for escapism that he found in books." (double oog)
In spite of all this, his books are good and his looks are tasty. It is therefore my very great pleasure to introduce to you...

CHRIS WOODING


1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, yay, yay!

(oops. I just spilled my coffee.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home