Fuse #8

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Captain Underpants Free Pattern

My mother is a knitter. The best knitter in Kalamazoo, Michigan actually (I have factual evidence with which to back this up). So I grew up alongside knitting, yarn, roving, wool, and a pleasantly-sized spinning wheel in my living room. Basically, the thrill of the craft was gone by the time I reached 10. I've never been one of those New York gals that go through periodic bouts of I MUST KNIT frenzy, before giving it up for 6 months (only to get hit by the urge again). This makes me a bit of a freak.

What I do respect is children's literature. And what happens when knitting meets kitlit? This does:
The blog Civil Bitch even gives you the pattern. Honestly, if you want to be the coolest relative in your family EVER this holiday season, pop a couple of these puppies in a stocking or two. Sure beats cranking out another pair of socks (not that I don't need socks, Mom!).

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM , Blogger Renee said...

ohhh!! This is the first time I ever wished I knew how to knit. I'm now seriously thinking about learning, just so I can make that.

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

The trick is that you need to know how to read patterns. I've long since forgotten. Get "Knitting Without Tears" by Elizabeth Zimmerman if you want to get in the game.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger fibercontent said...

Here is what you need--
http://www.knittinghelp.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home