Fuse #8

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nina Lindsay's Mock Newbery

The best news of the day is that Nina Lindsay (next year's Newbery chair) has finalized the Mock Newbery for her Bay Area (CA) discussion. The discussion titles are as follows:

This is by no means the sole Mock Newbery you may find, however. The Allen County Library system has posted their final reading list for your consideration. The Eva Perry Mock Newbery Book Club (in conjunction with Wake County Public Libraries) has a listing of their current favorites. The Bergan County Cooperative Library System has a list of considered Caldecotts, Newberys, and Printzs for your viewing pleasure. And finally, some books via the Northport-East Northport Public Library list. Who did I miss?

I don't need to tell you that I find such lists interesting. Veeeeery interesting. *rubs hands together*

UPDATE
I just received a couple more Mock Newberys of note for your consideration. Cast your peepers, if interested, on lists by Anderson's Bookshop, The State of Rhode Island Office of Library & Information Services, and The Sullivan County Board of Cooperative Educational Services.

Many thanks to the aforementioned Nina Lindsay for the links to various Mock Newberys nationwide and to Jennifer Schultz for her additional suggestions.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

I swear the first time I read this post I saw NEW MOCKBERY instead of Mock Newbery. But even misreading, I still got it. So I'm not totally hopeless.

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Nina Lindsay said...

And thanks back. Now I've got some more mock-links to add to my page.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home